INSTAGRAM: heatherdesigner

Wednesday 17 January 2018

KBIS BLOGTOUR 2018 | GOING GLOBAL




We’ve just got back from a whirlwind trip to Orlando, Florida, to visit the largest kitchen and bathroom trade show, in the U.S.: KBIS. Aside from having the opportunity to meet the people behind some of the world's biggest and most successful brands - Liehberr, Thermador, Wilson Art, Mr Steam, Metrie, DXV (LIXIL), American Standard, GROHE, spending the best part of a week with a carefully selected international group of talented designers and writers, is a personal highlight. You can meet the effervescent team, here.

I'll be writing more about this exceptional trip, over the next few days and weeks, but I wanted to share with you a brief overview of what stood out to me, this time:


1. Panel Discussion | Let's Talk Global

I was thrilled - thrilled, to be invited to take part in the most timely panel discussion about working internationally. Although we have worked on smaller consultancies, over in New York City and Washington, our curent project just outside Moscow, Russia, has opened up a whole new market for us, and a discussion with other desiners and international suppliers, alike. Stay tunes, there is so much more I want to share with you, about this fascinating talk.

 Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, text

2. Smart Home Technology

While in it's infancy, smart home devices integrated with Amazon Alexa have taken over the appliance market. Every leading brand, from LG to Bosch to Thermador, to Leihberr had something to show us - whole ecosystems inbedded into sophisticated products (already connected so that they're able to relate to each other) helping you control your home via a single iOS or Android app. I found this absolutely mind blowing.

LG


3. Design Trends for 2018

Ahhhh, TRENDS... I've taken trends with a pint of salt, believing that they're everything to do with marketing - shifting product, and very little to do with Design. Well, my opinion has recently changed on this. Call it Brexit, environmental concerns or just sheer creative thinking at the hands of some of the worlds most impresive brands (Thermador and Wilson Art, I'm looking at you...), I've had reason to revise my opinion. (When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong... ) I'll be writing a whole post on this how muted black and brushed brass has changed the modern home.

Arianne Bellizaire's Perlick Kitchen stand at KBIS

Wilson Art
Wilson Art


In the meantime, why don't you join us on twitter? Follow the hashtag #kbtribechat for some seriously interesting chat about all of the above, and more.... See you there!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Heather Jenkinson | Interior Design . All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig